This is an ideal dish for a family dinner, easy and quick to prepare. The kids love it for its gentle sweetness given by the presence of carrot. 🙂
- 0.5 kg turkey leg meat (without bone)
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- 250 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 bay leaf and allspice
- Half teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of sweet red pepper
- Fresh dill
- Dice the meat and onion. Cut the carrot, zucchini and garlic into slices.
- Fry the onion up in the pot for about 2 minutes then and the garlic and the meat and fry all together for a moment.
- Add spices and water and leave to stew for 45 minutes.
- Add carrot and stew for another 15 minutes, then add zucchini and stew only for 5 more minutes in order to leave it crispy. Add fresh dill and serve for example with cooked buckwheat groats or rice. Enjoy! 🙂