- 4 dried or fresh red chillies
- 1 medium brown onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (you can omit)
- 1 teaspoon slat
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon grass (finely chopped)
- 1 slice of fresh galangal or ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Put all ingredients together into a food processor and mix to a creamy paste. You might need to add a little bit more of oil or water to make it smoother.
Tip: If you don’t want your pasta to be very hot, remove the seeds from the chillies.
You will need this pasta to prepare delicious curry. You can find the recipe on the blog: https://potfulofjoy.blog/2019/03/02/red-curry-of-chicken/.
*This is a modified recipe of Charmine Solomon Red curry paste, the original recipe can be found in her book: The Complete Asia Cookbook. I’ve adjusted it to more European taste. 😉